Eileen Hawkes: Prevent driving and texting
March 20, 2017
As I so often hear about deaths and injuries while using cell phones or texting, I wonder if the automobile manufacturers could not install a mechanical or wiring device that would disrupt receiving signals while the car engine is turned on.
Perhaps there could be a signal only received and then the driver could pull over to a safe spot on the side of the road if he considered it to be an urgent incoming message. That not being feasible, then how about a device that would make the horn blow and all the lights flash to warn others that some idiot is driving and texting/cell phoning in the noisy car, so beware.
If we can put a man on the moon, this should be a piece of cake for some ingenious engineer. I have lived a long and happy life and wish the same for so many young folks that have theirs taken away thinking they are invincible.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Letters
- Gang member hits victim with gun in downtown Grass Valley, police say
- Nevada County authorities say missing girl is found in Combie Road honey oil bust
- Former Nevada Union student killed in Ojai rollover crash
- 19-year-olds take ownership of Paradise Donuts
- Free floating: Nevada County business offers the healing benefits of doing nothing (VIDEO)