Eileen Hawkes: Prevent driving and texting
March 20, 2017
As I so often hear about deaths and injuries while using cell phones or texting, I wonder if the automobile manufacturers could not install a mechanical or wiring device that would disrupt receiving signals while the car engine is turned on.
Perhaps there could be a signal only received and then the driver could pull over to a safe spot on the side of the road if he considered it to be an urgent incoming message. That not being feasible, then how about a device that would make the horn blow and all the lights flash to warn others that some idiot is driving and texting/cell phoning in the noisy car, so beware.
If we can put a man on the moon, this should be a piece of cake for some ingenious engineer. I have lived a long and happy life and wish the same for so many young folks that have theirs taken away thinking they are invincible.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County