Editorial not impartial
October 15, 2013
I love it when you start an editorial with a joke. Your "Our View" in Saturday's paper claims an impartial viewpoint on political matters than goes on to excoriate Republicans for the shutdown, repeating every argument almost word for word made by Democrats.
We voted for republican congressmen who opposed the ACA like Congressman LaMalfa. He is doing his job by opposing a program that the majority of us don't want. You also reference reports in the Sacramento Bee and the Los Angeles Times, two left-biased publications, trashing LaMalfa. Harry Reid and Obama can stop the shutdown anytime they want, but as long as newspapers like yours are cheerleaders, it won't happen.
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council