Don’t short change traditional schools
May 21, 2013
Recently, the Nevada Union valedictorians for the class of 2013 were announced. Of the 54 students named, 27 of them received their K-8 instruction in the Nevada City School District. Fifty percent of these outstanding students were educated in a traditional school, not a charter school.
My challenge to you is to research the value of traditional schools now that you have written a multi-page article on charter schools. As all fair journalists know, you must provide all sides of a story. It is your responsibility to cover traditional schools as well. I look forward to being interviewed to share the daily, brilliant events going on at Deer Creek School in the Nevada City School District.
Sherry L. T. Chargin, educator
Deer Creek School, Nevada City School District
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death