Don’t quote God out of context
May 7, 2013
M. Rosenbrock, who recently wrote a letter to The Union, does not know the Bible.
Although there are few references to same-sex relationships in it, every one of them deplores and condemns the practice. While there is no recorded comment by Jesus about it (he spoke mainly about people's relationship to a holy God), there are others by other figures. People who argue for same-sex relationships and try to quote scripture conveniently forget that God's main characteristic is holiness. He judges and condemns many sins.
It is easier to think of Him as this loving, benevolent patriarch, but the Bible is filled with His judgments on individuals and groups of individuals for their life practices. Please don't quote Him out of context, especially when you haven't studied His Word.
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public