Don’t outsource bus service
March 27, 2013
I was appalled to read in today's The Union that the county transportation committee opted to pursue a contract for handicapped bus service with a Washington state company.
With all the emphasis on folks doing their business locally, I feel the county is setting a very bad example. How about negotiating with Gold Country Telecare?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City