Dogs should be banned from street events
August 11, 2014
Our visit to the Summer Nights in Nevada City on Wednesday night, July 23, was spoiled by the presence of dogs, including pit bulls, in the streets.
This presents a problem because one does not know if the dog will get in your way, or attack a child, have a fight with another dog or make a mess in the street.
An article in a news magazine stated, "Pit bulls makeup only 6 percent of the dog population, but they're responsible for 68 percent of dog attacks and 52 percent of dog-related deaths since 1982."
It's about time the Nevada City Chamber of Commerce hopped on the bandwagon and banned dogs at public street events.
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier