Disappointed in law enforcement comment
December 26, 2012
I was a bit disappointed in reading the investigating officers (Grass Valley Police Capt. Rex Marks) comments about this sex assault crime on Washington Street in Grass Valley.
I quote, "It was alcohol induced … He might have broken in thinking it was his own apartment."
Too bad our law enforcement personnel are making defense attorney-sounding comments at the beginning of an investigation.
No matter what the facts of this alleged crime, this was bad judgment on the part of a peace office in the initial stages of an investigation. And a captain should know better.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton