Disappointed in law enforcement comment
December 26, 2012
I was a bit disappointed in reading the investigating officers (Grass Valley Police Capt. Rex Marks) comments about this sex assault crime on Washington Street in Grass Valley.
I quote, "It was alcohol induced … He might have broken in thinking it was his own apartment."
Too bad our law enforcement personnel are making defense attorney-sounding comments at the beginning of an investigation.
No matter what the facts of this alleged crime, this was bad judgment on the part of a peace office in the initial stages of an investigation. And a captain should know better.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death