Disappointed in law enforcement comment
December 26, 2012
I was a bit disappointed in reading the investigating officers (Grass Valley Police Capt. Rex Marks) comments about this sex assault crime on Washington Street in Grass Valley.
I quote, "It was alcohol induced … He might have broken in thinking it was his own apartment."
Too bad our law enforcement personnel are making defense attorney-sounding comments at the beginning of an investigation.
No matter what the facts of this alleged crime, this was bad judgment on the part of a peace office in the initial stages of an investigation. And a captain should know better.
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public