Disappointed in law enforcement comment
December 26, 2012
I was a bit disappointed in reading the investigating officers (Grass Valley Police Capt. Rex Marks) comments about this sex assault crime on Washington Street in Grass Valley.
I quote, "It was alcohol induced … He might have broken in thinking it was his own apartment."
Too bad our law enforcement personnel are making defense attorney-sounding comments at the beginning of an investigation.
No matter what the facts of this alleged crime, this was bad judgment on the part of a peace office in the initial stages of an investigation. And a captain should know better.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth