Disappointed in law enforcement comment
December 26, 2012
I was a bit disappointed in reading the investigating officers (Grass Valley Police Capt. Rex Marks) comments about this sex assault crime on Washington Street in Grass Valley.
I quote, "It was alcohol induced … He might have broken in thinking it was his own apartment."
Too bad our law enforcement personnel are making defense attorney-sounding comments at the beginning of an investigation.
No matter what the facts of this alleged crime, this was bad judgment on the part of a peace office in the initial stages of an investigation. And a captain should know better.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (video)
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations (VIDEO)