Disappointed in LaMalfa’s stance on gun control
February 19, 2013
A recent article entitled, "California's national lawmakers react to Obama's gun control proposals" disappointed me tremendously.
My new representative in Congress, Doug LaMalfa, had a totally negative response to the President's proposals. Does he not even recognize that there is a problem? Does he really think assault weapons are included in the Second Amendment as "long-established rights?"
If he doesn't like President Obama's proposals, does he not have one single proposal of his own to address the problem evidenced by the recent carnage in Newtown, Conn.? Did he view that as "business as usual?"
Audrey Ohlson Smith
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation