Disappointed in LaMalfa’s stance on gun control
February 19, 2013
A recent article entitled, "California's national lawmakers react to Obama's gun control proposals" disappointed me tremendously.
My new representative in Congress, Doug LaMalfa, had a totally negative response to the President's proposals. Does he not even recognize that there is a problem? Does he really think assault weapons are included in the Second Amendment as "long-established rights?"
If he doesn't like President Obama's proposals, does he not have one single proposal of his own to address the problem evidenced by the recent carnage in Newtown, Conn.? Did he view that as "business as usual?"
Audrey Ohlson Smith
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death