Disappointed in LaMalfa’s stance on gun control
February 19, 2013
A recent article entitled, "California's national lawmakers react to Obama's gun control proposals" disappointed me tremendously.
My new representative in Congress, Doug LaMalfa, had a totally negative response to the President's proposals. Does he not even recognize that there is a problem? Does he really think assault weapons are included in the Second Amendment as "long-established rights?"
If he doesn't like President Obama's proposals, does he not have one single proposal of his own to address the problem evidenced by the recent carnage in Newtown, Conn.? Did he view that as "business as usual?"
Audrey Ohlson Smith
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans