Disappointed in LaMalfa’s stance on gun control
February 19, 2013
A recent article entitled, "California's national lawmakers react to Obama's gun control proposals" disappointed me tremendously.
My new representative in Congress, Doug LaMalfa, had a totally negative response to the President's proposals. Does he not even recognize that there is a problem? Does he really think assault weapons are included in the Second Amendment as "long-established rights?"
If he doesn't like President Obama's proposals, does he not have one single proposal of his own to address the problem evidenced by the recent carnage in Newtown, Conn.? Did he view that as "business as usual?"
Audrey Ohlson Smith
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed