Disappointed in LaMalfa’s stance on gun control
February 19, 2013
A recent article entitled, "California's national lawmakers react to Obama's gun control proposals" disappointed me tremendously.
My new representative in Congress, Doug LaMalfa, had a totally negative response to the President's proposals. Does he not even recognize that there is a problem? Does he really think assault weapons are included in the Second Amendment as "long-established rights?"
If he doesn't like President Obama's proposals, does he not have one single proposal of his own to address the problem evidenced by the recent carnage in Newtown, Conn.? Did he view that as "business as usual?"
Audrey Ohlson Smith
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial