Corporate religious beliefs trump your own personal beliefs
July 15, 2014
When a company has the right to determine what you do outside of work, your personal freedom is reduced. The new Supreme Court ruling allows some companies to determine what health care you get based on the rich owners' religion. So the rich owners' religious beliefs trump your own personal beliefs.
This is not freedom of religion. In fact, it is quite the opposite. The law does not (or should I say did not) require employees to use contraception any more than allowing gays to marry requires you to have a gay marriage. Conservative Christians are now rejoicing but wait until Muslim-owned companies start making religious choices for Christians.
Trending In: Letters
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say