Conflict of interest?
October 4, 2012
I am thoroughly confused and puzzled. What does Mr. Emery's position on the board of Hospitality House have to do with running for a seat in the state Senate?
How could there be a conflict of interest?
Has Mr. Logue inferred he would withdraw his support for the homeless shelter if Mr. Emery continues to oppose him? Would he impede the progress of the state grant? As a citizen and a voter, my inclination would be to support a candidate who was actively supporting our one and only local emergency shelter.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans