Conflict of interest?
October 4, 2012
I am thoroughly confused and puzzled. What does Mr. Emery's position on the board of Hospitality House have to do with running for a seat in the state Senate?
How could there be a conflict of interest?
Has Mr. Logue inferred he would withdraw his support for the homeless shelter if Mr. Emery continues to oppose him? Would he impede the progress of the state grant? As a citizen and a voter, my inclination would be to support a candidate who was actively supporting our one and only local emergency shelter.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation