Conflict of interest?
October 4, 2012
I am thoroughly confused and puzzled. What does Mr. Emery's position on the board of Hospitality House have to do with running for a seat in the state Senate?
How could there be a conflict of interest?
Has Mr. Logue inferred he would withdraw his support for the homeless shelter if Mr. Emery continues to oppose him? Would he impede the progress of the state grant? As a citizen and a voter, my inclination would be to support a candidate who was actively supporting our one and only local emergency shelter.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth