Community turns out for 2013 local heroes Memorial Bridge Walk and Tour
June 16, 2013
Thank you for the community interest, support and participation in making the second annual Memorial Bridge Walk and Tour event a success by remembering our fallen soldiers and by becoming familiar with the bridges and plaques dedicated to them.
In spite of the weather, there were more than 30 bicyclists led by Tour of Nevada City Bicycle Shop, 25 walkers and 10 bus tour participants who enjoyed the tours. Many drivers acknowledged our plaque docents representing our local military service organizations by waiving to the docents. Several independent walkers also toured between Nevada City and Grass Valley! Thanks again!
Friends of Nevada County Military
Trending In: Letters
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum