Community stepped up after loss of beloved teacher
March 24, 2014
As principal of Nevada Union, I wanted to publicly thank our community for the support they've provided to our students and staff following the tragic death of Craig Zetterberg last Saturday.
Zett was beloved by his students and admired and respected by his colleagues.
Education courses never prepared us for this, and that is why I am so grateful to all of those who came to our assistance during this difficult time.
Nevada County Superintendent of Schools, Nevada County Behavioral Health, local therapists and counselors, and our faith-based community responded to our call for help without hesitation or delay.
They provided us understanding, compassion, and guidance for how we could best support our students and staff to navigate these troubling waters.
On Monday, March 17, all of these groups came to NU to offer consolation to our students and staff. They provided ears to listen, arms to comfort, and shoulders on which to cry.
They continued their support throughout the week, and, for that, I cannot express my deepest gratitude. Many individuals also contributed their time, energy, and resources to provide for our needs.
On behalf of the students and staff at Nevada Union High School, my sincerest thanks for your support of our NU community.
Mike Blake, principal
Nevada Union High School
Trending In: Letters
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum