Community pitches in for Shriners Hospital screening for children
March 12, 2013
On behalf of the Placer/Gold Shrine Club, I would like to thank Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital for its help at our annual Shriners Hospital Screening Clinic.
The use of its facility made it possible for area children to be screened for entry evaluation at the Shriners Hospital for Children in Sacramento. Nine children were screened with eight being referred to the Shriners Hospital. We would also like to thank Dr. James Hosbein, Karolyn McElwain, Tailan Bors and school nurse Tracy Larson for their help with the screening. A big thank you also goes to KNCO radio and Kane's Restaurant for helping to get the word out on "Talk of the Town."
What a great community we live in!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton