Community pitches in for Shriners Hospital screening for children
March 12, 2013
On behalf of the Placer/Gold Shrine Club, I would like to thank Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital for its help at our annual Shriners Hospital Screening Clinic.
The use of its facility made it possible for area children to be screened for entry evaluation at the Shriners Hospital for Children in Sacramento. Nine children were screened with eight being referred to the Shriners Hospital. We would also like to thank Dr. James Hosbein, Karolyn McElwain, Tailan Bors and school nurse Tracy Larson for their help with the screening. A big thank you also goes to KNCO radio and Kane's Restaurant for helping to get the word out on "Talk of the Town."
What a great community we live in!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity