Community pitches in after south county fire
December 26, 2012
I would like to thank The Union newspaper, especially the commercial printing manager Gary Clelan and The Union's publisher (Dave Schmall).
Bear River Recreation & Park District's office was involved in a fire early Sunday morning and everything was demolished, including most of our newly printed Fall and Winter Activity Guides. I emailed Gary Clelan to see if they could do a partial run of our guide and he and the publisher generously printed a complete run at no cost. Though the fire is causing havoc for the involved business at Combie Plaza, Bear River Recreation & Park District is still able to present all our classes, camps and sports at all the off-site locations; Magnolia Gyms, Cottage Hill School, The Gary Clarke Turf Field and BRHS.
The Pleasant Ridge Union School District, Superintendent Britta Skavdahl, also offered us a room to work from. We can be reached by email: email@example.com, website http://www.brrpd.org or mail at 10042 Wolf Road, Suite. B, PMB#11, Grass Valley, CA, 95949 for registration forms. Phone (530) 268-PARK and we can pick-up messages. Many thanks to The Union and our great South Nevada County community for all their support!
Marlene Sharon, general manager
Bear River Recreation & Park District
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity