Come rest awhile on Mary’s bench
February 21, 2014
Thanks to The Union for placing the photo and article about Hospitality House volunteer Mary Liebke on the front page (Feb. 5 issue), a story well deserved for an extraordinary woman.
Because of the very generous donations from volunteers of several hundred dollars on Jan. 25 at Utah’s Place, we were able to surprise Mary and present her with a bench and plaque to recognize her many years of selfless service to others. Additionally, she received a plaque to take home, as well as a gift certificate. The many remaining dollars were given to Mary to use as she wishes to fill a need at Utah’s Place.
Many, many thanks to the volunteers whose unhesitating and overwhelming responses and love for Mary made all this possible. We could not have done this without them. We hope that your readers will put a visit to Utah’s Place on your “to do” list and “come rest awhile on Mary’s bench.”
Judy Olson, volunteer, Second Tuesday Team
Trending In: Letters
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers