Come rest awhile on Mary’s bench
February 21, 2014
Thanks to The Union for placing the photo and article about Hospitality House volunteer Mary Liebke on the front page (Feb. 5 issue), a story well deserved for an extraordinary woman.
Because of the very generous donations from volunteers of several hundred dollars on Jan. 25 at Utah's Place, we were able to surprise Mary and present her with a bench and plaque to recognize her many years of selfless service to others. Additionally, she received a plaque to take home, as well as a gift certificate. The many remaining dollars were given to Mary to use as she wishes to fill a need at Utah's Place.
Many, many thanks to the volunteers whose unhesitating and overwhelming responses and love for Mary made all this possible. We could not have done this without them. We hope that your readers will put a visit to Utah's Place on your "to do" list and "come rest awhile on Mary's bench."
Judy Olson, volunteer, Second Tuesday Team
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws