Come rest awhile on Mary’s bench
February 21, 2014
Thanks to The Union for placing the photo and article about Hospitality House volunteer Mary Liebke on the front page (Feb. 5 issue), a story well deserved for an extraordinary woman.
Because of the very generous donations from volunteers of several hundred dollars on Jan. 25 at Utah's Place, we were able to surprise Mary and present her with a bench and plaque to recognize her many years of selfless service to others. Additionally, she received a plaque to take home, as well as a gift certificate. The many remaining dollars were given to Mary to use as she wishes to fill a need at Utah's Place.
Many, many thanks to the volunteers whose unhesitating and overwhelming responses and love for Mary made all this possible. We could not have done this without them. We hope that your readers will put a visit to Utah's Place on your "to do" list and "come rest awhile on Mary's bench."
Judy Olson, volunteer, Second Tuesday Team
Trending In: Letters
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later