September 7, 2013
We've got a guy, Dave Humphers.
We've got a gal, Dorene Humphers.
We've got a family, Dave Humphers' family, whose members gave many years of their young lives to make a great high school, Nevada Union, even better.
Dave's father, David Humphers — my wife Roberta's brother — also deserves a standing ovation. David was always there at every game, running up and down the sidelines with his camera in real time, for Dave's archives. These films could be studied by Dave and the team to view each play, good or bad, and learn the art of the game.
My wife Roberta and I made every game we could and as we hit our 80s, we never missed listening to every play on our radio at home. As we sat in our living-room chairs, many times we would jump to our feet, "very slowly," when a big play turned into a touchdown.
We'll miss that, Dave, but your Aunt Roberta and I want to thank you for those wonderful years, when you and yours gave your all to your fans and Nevada Union High School.
Brodie and Roberta Riley, (a.k.a, Uncle Budd and Aunt Roberta)
Trending In: Letters
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum