Civics lesson at University of California, Davis
December 26, 2012
A university supported by taxpayers is illegally occupied by a mob of alleged students, who obstruct legitimate university operations.
The mob claims non-existent, “student rights” allow them to break the law.
They claim their “student” entitlements are insufficient and taxpayers owe them more. They obstruct and delay the police, (paid for by taxpayers) refuse to move on and for their lawlessness are sprayed with pepper.
They were not Tased, or beaten with sticks, or bitten by dogs or dragged by the heels. In short, they were irritated with pepper.
As a reward for their lawless conduct, they are sharing a million dollars of taxpayer money with law firms, UC Berkeley reviewers, insurance companies, consultants, etc.
UCD announced the school was “demonstrating accountability.” The mob of demonstrators were not required to demonstrate accountability.
A true teaching moment for all, especially the police. At that price, they should have used firehoses.
Trending In: Letters
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows