Celtic Festival too pricey
October 20, 2012
"Merriment for all" reads the headline in the Oct. 1 issue of The Union, telling about the KVMR Celtic Festival.
No doubt it was a grand event for those who were willing and able to pay the entry fee of $50 for adults and $20 for children.
My husband and I had looked forward all week to attending this event. We decided on Sunday afternoon, drove to the fairgrounds, paid the $5 parking charge.
When we walked to the entrance we checked the admission price list several times in disbelief.
It would cost us $100 just to get in!
As we walked away we noticed the people in the car ahead of us leave also. They were a family of five and their cost would have been $160.
One of the very valuable aspects of living here is the affordable cost of entertainment. Unfortunately that does not apply to the Celtic Festival.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local