Celtic Festival too pricey
October 20, 2012
"Merriment for all" reads the headline in the Oct. 1 issue of The Union, telling about the KVMR Celtic Festival.
No doubt it was a grand event for those who were willing and able to pay the entry fee of $50 for adults and $20 for children.
My husband and I had looked forward all week to attending this event. We decided on Sunday afternoon, drove to the fairgrounds, paid the $5 parking charge.
When we walked to the entrance we checked the admission price list several times in disbelief.
It would cost us $100 just to get in!
As we walked away we noticed the people in the car ahead of us leave also. They were a family of five and their cost would have been $160.
One of the very valuable aspects of living here is the affordable cost of entertainment. Unfortunately that does not apply to the Celtic Festival.
Trending In: Letters
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum