Cardio Rehab Program gave me a new zest for life
February 6, 2013
Special kudos to the Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital's Cardio Rehab Program and the wonderful nurses who run it.
After open-heart surgery and a five-way bypass at 81 years, I felt sentenced to a life of inactivity. Their wonderful program of exercise and relaxation for 75 minutes, three times a week for three months has given me a new zest for life and the body to implement it. This outstanding program is supported by a series of Heart Smart education classes followed by a very open and fruitful Q-and-A session.
The kindness and compassion shown by the staff is exceeded only by its competency.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house