Candidates for Grass Valley city council unanimous in support of Measure N
December 26, 2012
I was encouraged and hopeful for our public safety and street repairs by the positive comments about Measure N made by the candidates at the League of Women Voters Forum recently.
With wisdom and foresight, the Grass Valley City Council has put forth Measure N, which will specifically raise funds for police, fire and street work if passed. This half-percent increase in the sales tax rate is projected to raise $2.4 million in the first year. The half percent all comes to the city and will be administered by the State Board of Equalization. The new tax rate will be 7.875 percent — the rate already in effect in Truckee and Nevada City. The estimated cost to a family is $25-50 a year. A modest investment that will restore public safety standards and improve our streets.
If you are a resident within the city limits of Grass Valley, you have an opportunity to help preserve a quality way of life. Vote yes on Measure N.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton