Can you read this? Thank a teacher
November 8, 2013
The week of Nov. 3 through 9, 2013, is California Retired Teachers Week, and we all owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to those teachers who not only taught us but shaped us in our youth. Teachers never stop caring, even once they are retired. Even during tough economic times, retired teachers are probably our most stalwart volunteers. They volunteer in classrooms and for churches, as well as civic and nonprofit organizations.
So thank a teacher who is actively teaching or who is retired and serving the community.
And we, the California Retired Teachers Association of Nevada County, thank you for this opportunity.
Bonnie Bennett, president
Division 51, CalRTA
Trending In: Letters
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows