Can you read this? Thank a teacher
November 8, 2013
The week of Nov. 3 through 9, 2013, is California Retired Teachers Week, and we all owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to those teachers who not only taught us but shaped us in our youth. Teachers never stop caring, even once they are retired. Even during tough economic times, retired teachers are probably our most stalwart volunteers. They volunteer in classrooms and for churches, as well as civic and nonprofit organizations.
So thank a teacher who is actively teaching or who is retired and serving the community.
And we, the California Retired Teachers Association of Nevada County, thank you for this opportunity.
Bonnie Bennett, president
Division 51, CalRTA
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation