Boy Scouts policies don’t go far enough
February 18, 2013
Reading the article "Boy Scouts considering retreat from no-gay policy," my first reaction is, not good enough.
The scouts' executive board is passing the buck to local troops to decide whether or not gay scouts and leaders will be able to participate; this stance is not good enough. Boy Scouts of America means all boys.
Until the BSA includes all boys, I will not support their organization in any way.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house