Boy Scouts policies don’t go far enough
February 18, 2013
Reading the article "Boy Scouts considering retreat from no-gay policy," my first reaction is, not good enough.
The scouts' executive board is passing the buck to local troops to decide whether or not gay scouts and leaders will be able to participate; this stance is not good enough. Boy Scouts of America means all boys.
Until the BSA includes all boys, I will not support their organization in any way.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth