Bottom line: who suffers most?
December 26, 2012
There is no rational comparison between cutting the social safety net and retaxing the wealthy.
Raising the taxes of the rich from 35 percent back up to 39 percent will not cause any suffering to the wealthy. Cutting Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security (Social Security is a stand-alone program, not a cause of the deficit) will cause almost immediate suffering.
Is it ethical to raise taxes on those that can really afford it and are just sitting on the money or restricting funds to those that have nothing?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (video)
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations (VIDEO)