Bottom line: who suffers most?
December 26, 2012
There is no rational comparison between cutting the social safety net and retaxing the wealthy.
Raising the taxes of the rich from 35 percent back up to 39 percent will not cause any suffering to the wealthy. Cutting Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security (Social Security is a stand-alone program, not a cause of the deficit) will cause almost immediate suffering.
Is it ethical to raise taxes on those that can really afford it and are just sitting on the money or restricting funds to those that have nothing?
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier