Bottom line: who suffers most?
December 26, 2012
There is no rational comparison between cutting the social safety net and retaxing the wealthy.
Raising the taxes of the rich from 35 percent back up to 39 percent will not cause any suffering to the wealthy. Cutting Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security (Social Security is a stand-alone program, not a cause of the deficit) will cause almost immediate suffering.
Is it ethical to raise taxes on those that can really afford it and are just sitting on the money or restricting funds to those that have nothing?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local