Boehner doesn’t speak for me
November 1, 2013
When I hear John Boehner, Ted Cruz and others talk about standing up for "the will of the American people" by fighting to defund or otherwise scuttle Obamacare, I'm puzzled.
Which Americans are they talking about? Is it that majority of us that approved the president's health care law by re-electing him a year ago? Those Americans? I think not because I am one of those Americans, and Boehner and Cruz are definitely not speaking for me.
While I generally vote for the Democrat, I have in the past always been willing to vote for any Republican running for office who I felt was the better candidate. No more. Until moderate Republicans repudiate the extreme right wing that has become the tail wagging the elephant and until they show a willingness to return to constructive political discourse and debate, I will be voting a straight Democratic ticket at every level of government, be it federal, state or local. I encourage other like-minded voters to do the same.
Trending In: Letters
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later