Bike theft equals bad karma
April 26, 2013
There are so many caring and giving folks here in Nevada County. Connie and Duane Strawser and their shop, Tour of Nevada City, are no exception. They are involved in so many big events, such as the Barbara Schmidt Millar triathlon (free workshops for the participants, donation of time and goods), and donations of services and goods for many fundraisers all year long. It hurt my heart to read of the burglary of the Stumpjumper bike from their shop earlier this week.
I have had occasion to use their shop for bicycle tune-ups and supplies and have consistently been treated honestly and courteously by their staff. It seems so unfair that model members of our community could be "rewarded" in this way.
I hope that the person or people responsible for this theft have a change of heart and return the bike and that this won't happen again to folks like the Strawsers who are such positive members of our community.
Rough and Ready
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed