Best way to support elephant welfare
July 31, 2013
Last weekend I visited my mom in Grass Valley. The elephant controversy was everywhere.
I'm from Monterey and an elephant and its dedicated caretakers visited the historical district near the pier. The crowds were enchanted because this elephant painted large canvases (elephants don't do miniatures). With paintbrush held by trunk, the elephant went splish, splash, splatter and swipe across the canvas,, thrilling the crowd. Each "painting" went for an extravagant sum which in turn supported elephant welfare.
So, to all of you who are flipping out about this pending fair event, do you have a better way to promote the health and safety of elephants and survival of the species?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site