Best way to support elephant welfare
July 31, 2013
Last weekend I visited my mom in Grass Valley. The elephant controversy was everywhere.
I'm from Monterey and an elephant and its dedicated caretakers visited the historical district near the pier. The crowds were enchanted because this elephant painted large canvases (elephants don't do miniatures). With paintbrush held by trunk, the elephant went splish, splash, splatter and swipe across the canvas,, thrilling the crowd. Each "painting" went for an extravagant sum which in turn supported elephant welfare.
So, to all of you who are flipping out about this pending fair event, do you have a better way to promote the health and safety of elephants and survival of the species?
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed