Balancing budgets on the backs of middle class and poor
March 14, 2013
It matters not whether one votes Democratic or Republican these days, since both parties have been bought and paid for by corporate interests.
Either way you vote, you vote for your own oppression. Our representatives scream about our massive debt as they prepare to cut Social Security and other social programs but give massive subsidies and tax breaks to corporations and vote to build airplanes even the Pentagon doesn't want. One example of many: Facebook not only paid no income tax last year, but due to a loophole it received a refund on $429 million.
Our elected representatives shower tax subsidies on oil companies as they seek to balance budgets on the backs of the middle class and the poor. A pox on both their houses.
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana