Balancing budgets on the backs of middle class and poor
March 14, 2013
It matters not whether one votes Democratic or Republican these days, since both parties have been bought and paid for by corporate interests.
Either way you vote, you vote for your own oppression. Our representatives scream about our massive debt as they prepare to cut Social Security and other social programs but give massive subsidies and tax breaks to corporations and vote to build airplanes even the Pentagon doesn't want. One example of many: Facebook not only paid no income tax last year, but due to a loophole it received a refund on $429 million.
Our elected representatives shower tax subsidies on oil companies as they seek to balance budgets on the backs of the middle class and the poor. A pox on both their houses.
Trending In: Letters
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball