Automatic weapons on the Dorsey overpass?
September 12, 2013
Did my eyes deceive me when I saw two armed guards accompanying Greg Zeiss and Harold Graves as they came for the plaque taken for safe keeping from the Dorsey overpass? Armed guards?
Was there a fear of terrorists swooping in to snatch Pfc. Cranford's plaque? What treachery could possibly have warranted the presence of automatic weapons? This was probably the most ridiculous photo I've ever seen in The Union in a very long time. Perhaps a SWAT escort next time? I'm certain Pfc. Cranford would be proud.
Time to stand down with the weapons, folks.
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed