Attacking Syria a violation of international law
September 16, 2013
The Obama administration argues that the use of chemical weapons is a violation of international law.
The U.S. would be guilty of violating the same international law if it unilaterally attacked a sovereign nation, Syria, that was not threatening us. Do two wrongs make a right?
Let's be clear; missile strikes on Syria are an act of war. The conflict in Syria does not threaten our national security.
About the only thing we can be sure about in going to war in Syria is that the U.S. will lose military lives and that civilian lives in Syria will be lost.
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance