‘Assassins’ a treasure
November 13, 2012
We attended the Sierra Stages production of Stephen Sondheim's "Assassins." It was wonderful.
It is typical Sondheim — creative and thought-provoking, mixed with unanticipated humor and heartfelt moments and filled with music that only the genius of Sondheim could create. In the small theater of the Off Center Stage, we could see every emotion presented by the dozen or so principal actors and feel every note of their brilliant singing, which extended for nearly two uninterrupted hours. We were immersed in music, which we are still humming today.
Our community is very much blessed to have access to these gifted artists who, along with the talented backstage workers and musicians, create such extraordinary theater and at such a remarkable rate — about one production every three or four months! They are indeed a treasure. We are indebted to them for the enjoyment they provide us all.
Peter and Susan Graf
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County