March 7, 2014
What was the debate in Arizona about? The Arizona brouhaha was about gay rights, but in a much larger sense, Arizona was about human rights.
It was about a religious minority trying to force its agenda on the citizens of Arizona. A recap of the Arizona episode: It was not an Arizona thing; it was a subculture in the Republican and Tea Party using religion as an excuse to refuse service to gay citizens of Arizona. It was about discrimination against gays and lesbians. And thanks to Arizona for exposing the anti-gay faction that has embedded itself in the Republican Party and Tea Party. Two thumbs up to Gov. Jan Brewer who saw through this farce and vetoed the bill in question.
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed