An insensitive decision
October 5, 2012
Thanks to a few adults in their infinite wisdom, the California Interscholastic Federation czar made the decision to wreck two young men's possibilities at receiving full-ride college scholarships in their senior year of high school.
In these tough financial times, especially for families, to take away the possibility of a fully paid chance at college for these young men is despicable. It's possible that these families may not have the financial means to send their boys to college.
The CIF's gross and insensitive decision should be revisited. There is still the remainder of the season or enough time to reverse this bad decision.
Trending In: Letters
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum