An insensitive decision
October 5, 2012
Thanks to a few adults in their infinite wisdom, the California Interscholastic Federation czar made the decision to wreck two young men's possibilities at receiving full-ride college scholarships in their senior year of high school.
In these tough financial times, especially for families, to take away the possibility of a fully paid chance at college for these young men is despicable. It's possible that these families may not have the financial means to send their boys to college.
The CIF's gross and insensitive decision should be revisited. There is still the remainder of the season or enough time to reverse this bad decision.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans