America, the ‘ineptocracy’
December 11, 2013
The recent letter to the editor by Manny Montes corrects Jim Firth, in that he may be surprised we do not have a democracy but rather a constitutional republic.
More accurately, we have evolved to an "ineptocracy."
This term, of unknown origin coined about 10 years ago, describes a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
It's a perfect description of what is happening today in our country.
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana