America, the ‘ineptocracy’
December 11, 2013
The recent letter to the editor by Manny Montes corrects Jim Firth, in that he may be surprised we do not have a democracy but rather a constitutional republic.
More accurately, we have evolved to an "ineptocracy."
This term, of unknown origin coined about 10 years ago, describes a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
It's a perfect description of what is happening today in our country.
Trending In: Letters
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball