‘Affordable’ Care Act?
December 19, 2013
As one of 18 million people who lost a health-care plan I liked, I scrambled to find another one.
Thank God for Obamacare. I now have a policy that costs me more than double, has a deductible that is double what I had before, covers less per visit to doctors and doesn't cover my prescriptions. But fortunately, I now have maternity coverage (I am 59 years old), pediatric coverage (maybe for my kitten?), pediatric dentistry (but I can't get dental coverage for myself), transgender coverage (if I decide to change sexes), and my husband has maternity and lactation coverage (in case they ever figure out how a man can have a baby).
And, for only more than double the cost!
Isn't the "Affordable Care Act" great?
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier