‘Affordable’ Care Act?
December 19, 2013
As one of 18 million people who lost a health-care plan I liked, I scrambled to find another one.
Thank God for Obamacare. I now have a policy that costs me more than double, has a deductible that is double what I had before, covers less per visit to doctors and doesn't cover my prescriptions. But fortunately, I now have maternity coverage (I am 59 years old), pediatric coverage (maybe for my kitten?), pediatric dentistry (but I can't get dental coverage for myself), transgender coverage (if I decide to change sexes), and my husband has maternity and lactation coverage (in case they ever figure out how a man can have a baby).
And, for only more than double the cost!
Isn't the "Affordable Care Act" great?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations