A striking contrast
April 10, 2013
What a contrast of news from the headline on Wednesday April 3 to Friday April 5. One said six arrested for drugs on school property at Nevada Union High School and a senior was the ring leader and the other headline said a Bear River senior has leukemia.
Prayers are lifted up for all the teens, one was to go on to college and play football but cancer has stopped him for now; and the other young man is in jail and the arrest will likely stop him from playing football at college.
Sad news in both cases.
The community is helping and standing with Austin of Bear River and his teammates are selling orange bracelets to off set the medical costs. This is what a team should be and an example to others.
Now on the other hand, a football star was not an example to others if he was selling drugs to high school teens/friends.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom