A sad situation
June 21, 2013
To Consolidated firefighters: So you had your way with Chief Fike and you feel pretty good about it! In fact, you are bubbling over with immense joy and contentment because Chief Fike has gotten what you think he deserves.
While you have been cascading your praise and warm regards to your union president, my husband has been staring off into a void space, wondering how he lost all of his dear, dear friends — wounded, deeply sad, aged but no wiser because he would be your chief all over again. His love for you has shattered and fallen from the sky to his feet; he cannot bear to pick up one piece for fear it may cut him again.
Open your eyes and ears and stand up and be someone your mother or father would be proud of. It is time.
Trending In: Letters
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers