A ‘new era of civility?’
November 1, 2013
In an Other Voices piece, a Democrat running for Congress used the following language: irresponsibly; appalling extreme; hurt the president; scorched-earth strategy; a dangerous tantrum; joined this tantrum; play at anarchy; this dangerous game; suicide caucus; shameful; and truly unconscionable.
When Obama was elected, he promised a new era of civility, yet this is the language of a Democratic congressional candidate. Oh yes, she also managed to attack the Tea Party three times, a necessary requirement for any Democrat running for office. Their message of "Taxed Enough Already" is an anathema to Democrats, who never met a tax hike they didn't love.
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance