A ‘new era of civility?’
November 1, 2013
In an Other Voices piece, a Democrat running for Congress used the following language: irresponsibly; appalling extreme; hurt the president; scorched-earth strategy; a dangerous tantrum; joined this tantrum; play at anarchy; this dangerous game; suicide caucus; shameful; and truly unconscionable.
When Obama was elected, he promised a new era of civility, yet this is the language of a Democratic congressional candidate. Oh yes, she also managed to attack the Tea Party three times, a necessary requirement for any Democrat running for office. Their message of "Taxed Enough Already" is an anathema to Democrats, who never met a tax hike they didn't love.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her