A memo to the Tea Party
July 15, 2014
Do not chortle about knocking off one of the most intelligent Republicans in Congress.
Remember, the Tea Party was responsible for the re-election of the purportedly "unre-electable" Harry Reid. How'd they perform this miracle? Why they knocked off the three moderate Republicans in the primary (each of whom could have beaten Reid) and backed a woman who is to the right of Genghis Khan. Then the people of Nevada had a difficult choice — go with the evil you know (Harry Reid) or the evil you don't know.
The Nevada voters did the usual — they chose the evil they knew.
And so, Harry Reid is now the second most powerful man in Washington. I guess the Tea Partiers don't remember that they are descendents of immigrants.
Trending In: Letters
- Serious drug charges dropped after tests show suspected cocaine was flour
- Rickie Lynn Abel’s memorial service set for Saturday
- Shooter at large after shooting at Monterey County school
- Nevada County authorities say Lincoln man shot arrow at his victim
- Mural proposed for downtown Grass Valley faces hurdles