A kiss ain’t just a kiss
December 26, 2012
Thanks for printing Don Cooks' essay. It was well written, humorous and reminded me of my first girl friend, Dolores.
We were both 13, listening to the radio and learning to dance using Arthur Murray's foot diagrams. When we heard the song, "How I Love the Kisses of Dolores," we got excited and raced to kiss.
It was a win-win situation, a nose-to-nose finish. But if at first you don't succeed, lower your aim. We did and became good at it.
That was long ago and 3,000 miles away. Nevertheless, once in a while I think of that first kiss, that nose to nose, Eskimo-style kiss and smile.
This Sunday I will be celebrating my 67th anniversary, but not with Dolores. It's good my wife doesn't read the letters to the editor.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton