A kiss ain’t just a kiss
December 26, 2012
Thanks for printing Don Cooks' essay. It was well written, humorous and reminded me of my first girl friend, Dolores.
We were both 13, listening to the radio and learning to dance using Arthur Murray's foot diagrams. When we heard the song, "How I Love the Kisses of Dolores," we got excited and raced to kiss.
It was a win-win situation, a nose-to-nose finish. But if at first you don't succeed, lower your aim. We did and became good at it.
That was long ago and 3,000 miles away. Nevertheless, once in a while I think of that first kiss, that nose to nose, Eskimo-style kiss and smile.
This Sunday I will be celebrating my 67th anniversary, but not with Dolores. It's good my wife doesn't read the letters to the editor.
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball