A kind citizen’s cane
August 21, 2014
Kudos to Bea, a receptionist and ticket vendor at the Nevada County Fair, who, when I asked her if there were any "cane vendors" at the fair, graciously loaned me her cane for the day.
I had inadvertently left my cane at home.
Thank you, Bea, for your kindness.
There were no vendors who sold canes, and I was able to enjoy the day without driving the 26 miles round-trip to retrieve my cane at home. I had a wonderful day at the fair due to your kindness.
Thank you, Bea! You are a gem.
Mary Jane Reese
Trending In: Letters
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later