A kind citizen’s cane
August 21, 2014
Kudos to Bea, a receptionist and ticket vendor at the Nevada County Fair, who, when I asked her if there were any “cane vendors” at the fair, graciously loaned me her cane for the day.
I had inadvertently left my cane at home.
Thank you, Bea, for your kindness.
There were no vendors who sold canes, and I was able to enjoy the day without driving the 26 miles round-trip to retrieve my cane at home. I had a wonderful day at the fair due to your kindness.
Thank you, Bea! You are a gem.
Mary Jane Reese
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping