A deal with the devil?
March 7, 2013
I was in the audience recently at the board of supervisors when Doyel Shamley made his presentation. Please note that the "call" to attend was a concern about property rights and government regulations. At least half of the crowd were not residents of Nevada County. The main theme of Mr. Shamley's presentation was, in essence, to say the way to avoid fire hazards is to remove any restrictions to cutting and let the logging industries have at it. Thus, we will have more jobs, and more money goes to schools. Of course, no forest left … no forest fires!
Of course we need management for fire control, but you don't turn it over to profiteers — that's making a deal with the devil.
Trending In: Letters
- Car drives into Grass Valley Papa Murphy’s store
- Rickie Lynn Abel’s memorial service set for Saturday
- Nevada County authorities say Lincoln man shot arrow at his victim
- DA moves to dismiss drug charges, cites former detective’s ‘inappropriate relationship’ with informant
- Mural proposed for downtown Grass Valley faces hurdles