A day to remember
May 9, 2013
I attended the Kays-Ostrom track meet at Nevada Union High School on the afternoon of May 3. What a wonderful day — sunny, warm and athletes! Anyone who has followed Nevada Union sports over the last 60 years knows the names Kays and Ostrom and what they have meant to athletics in Nevada County.
There was circulating in the crowd — coaches and retired coaches, teachers and retired teachers, athletes and former athletes, students and former students, and parents of all — a real "Joy in Flatbush." It was the triumph of right over wrong, and we didn't even have to hire "Louie" Freeh!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site