A boost to the Edible Garden Campaign
November 1, 2013
Kudos to BriarPatch Co-op and the Cooperative Community Fund Committee, who funded the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center's Edible Garden Campaign for $625.
The garden will help feed the hundreds of people who receive services at the SPIRIT Center. Sara Raskie and Tony Cervantes will lead the project to beautify our five acres with edible plants and fruit trees. SPIRIT provides free peer counseling and a dozen support groups each week for people experiencing mental health challenges. Call 530-274-1431 for more information or visit http://www.SpiritPeerEmpowermentCenter.org. Visit us at 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley to join in at the community garden.
SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Water and compliance issues bring cannabis advocates, county officials to the table