A boost to the Edible Garden Campaign
November 1, 2013
Kudos to BriarPatch Co-op and the Cooperative Community Fund Committee, who funded the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center’s Edible Garden Campaign for $625.
The garden will help feed the hundreds of people who receive services at the SPIRIT Center. Sara Raskie and Tony Cervantes will lead the project to beautify our five acres with edible plants and fruit trees. SPIRIT provides free peer counseling and a dozen support groups each week for people experiencing mental health challenges. Call 530-274-1431 for more information or visit http://www.SpiritPeerEmpowermentCenter.org. Visit us at 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley to join in at the community garden.
SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center
Trending In: Letters
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location