A big public ‘thank you’
March 12, 2013
In all endeavors, it is reassuring to have solid community partners. The ever-important public/private partnership in education is a perfect example of this. We at Bitney are particularly mindful of the support of several of our immediate neighbors — Smiley Guys Smokehouse, Hertz Local Edition, Scooters Pals and the Sierra Mountain Coffee Roasters. Thanks also to the owners of Sierra Auto Body and the Tool Shed for putting up with the colorful parade of teenagers on their way to and from school.
Here's more. Rob Woodhall allows Bitney students to participate in his fencing courses at no charge. The South Yuba Club hosted students during our intersession at no charge. And for several years, Old Barn Storage has allowed us a free unit to store excess furniture and equipment.
Finally, the entire Bitney community joins me in celebrating both the personal and corporate contribution from Telestream CEO Dan Castles and his very generous support in the upgrade of our computer lab.
Our hats are off to all. Thank you very much!
Bruce Herring, principal
Bitney College Preparatory High School
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house