A 5K Walk/Jog Leukemia Fundraiser in honor of Bear River High School senior Austin Dowling will be at the school’s track April 6. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., and the 5K begins at 10 a.m. Imagine being 17 and having your senior year of high school put on hold to fight Leukemia. Dowling was blind-sided by this news Feb. 18 and since then has been in the hospital undergoing treatments with his family by his side. The community is invited to join friends and family for a fun-filled event to help raise funds to defray growing medical expenses. To register for the 5K, visit the Austin Dowling Public Event Facebook page. Donations can be sent to the Austin Dowling Leukemia Fund at El Dorado Savings Bank.
Austin Dowling fundraiser slated for April 6
Trending in: Letters
- Shocked to learn of so many homeless students
- Pot squad at it again
- Who’s fooling whom?
- ‘Messenger’ misses message
- Both feet on Constitutional ground
- Driver hits three pedestrians in Grass Valley parking lot
- All is not lost: Sanctuary owners deal with loss of property, injury to animals after fire
- Blessing in disguise: Thanks to the economic downturn, Robert Smith realized a life long dream
- Measure S backers ask Nevada County judge to order ballot language changes, halt mail ballots
- Man riding ATV rescued from mine shaft