Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
Trending in: Letters
- No new shopping center
- We need more benches
- The Republican Party needs a hyphen (the Republican-CLT Party)
- Nevada Union group strives for environmental responsibility
- Arizona’s discrimination
- Grass Valley movie theater employee reportedly embezzled thousands
- Proposed Grass Valley shopping center bad for small business?
- Involuntary manslaughter charges contemplated in Tahoe Hotshot death
- Jaguar totaled after GPS leads couple into Nevada County mudhole
- Focused economic development plan would be welcomed with arms wide open