Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
Trending in: Letters
- The Wooden Spoon: a good reason to shop locally
- Where is our president?
- Gaza: our failure to recognize a shared humanity
- Columnist needs more facts, less posturing
- Congressman could benefit from larger turnout
- Honoring our past, envisioning our future: Nisenan seek to share Nevada County’s native history
- Nevada City man found dead in American River canyon
- Natividad: Thank you, Nevada County, from my family to yours
- Nevada County man accused of molesting girls held to answer on 10 counts
- Motorcyclist involved in wreck arrested on warrants