Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
Trending in: Letters
- UPDATE: Serious injuries reported in three-car crash on Hwy 20 and Pleasant Valley Rd.
- Turkey Trot: Nevada County celebrates Thanksgiving, raises money for suicide prevention at 10th annual race
- Alleged Nevada County embezzler arrested in Oregon
- Experts: California home sales will rise in 2016
- Whether Victory or Death: Grass Valley woman tracks life in Hitler's Germany