Joy and Madness, an eight-piece funk and soul band formerly known as The Nibblers, will bring its funky sounds to Cooper’s Aleworks at 9 p.m. Saturday. Performing a blend of obscure soul b-sides and funky new originals, the band has recently rejoined its original lead singer, Hans Eberbach, and made Cooper’s its jumping-off point to full release. The Sacramento-based group will bring the funk Saturday at 235 Commercial St. in Nevada City. For information about the band, go to http://joyandmadness.com.
February 7, 2013 | Back to: Letters
Sacramento funk band hits Nevada City
Trending in: Letters
- Shocked to learn of so many homeless students
- Pot squad at it again
- ‘Messenger’ misses message
- Both feet on Constitutional ground
- Who’s fooling whom?
- Driver hits three pedestrians in Grass Valley parking lot
- All is not lost: Sanctuary owners deal with loss of property, injury to animals after fire
- Blessing in disguise: Thanks to the economic downturn, Robert Smith realized a life long dream
- Measure S backers ask Nevada County judge to order ballot language changes, halt mail ballots
- Police Blotter: Drugged strippers, dog thrown at wall