Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
December 10, 2012 | Back to: Letters
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
Trending in: Letters
- Local fire units retrieve woman fallen in Wolf Creek
- Amgen Tour of California brings exposure, economic gains to Nevada City
- Meet Your Merchant: Grass Valley-based Floracopeia supports grass-roots health care
- Police Blotter: Caller reports naked man in a ditch
- Strawberry Music Festival was a "family affair"