Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
Trending in: Letters
- Grass Valley man arrested after alleged shoplifting incident leads to injured store employee
- Nevada City's Alpha building receives long-planned makeover
- Nevada Union High School's Luke Browning honored as Nevada County Teacher of the Year
- Meet Your Merchant: Sparks are flying at Ace Welding
- Wild car chase ends in man's arrest