Noble Joe Day was recently honored by his Brother Nobles in recognition of over 50 years as a Shriner. Joe and his wife, Roberta, reside in Hilltop Manor, where his family and friends gathered for a presentation. Day joined Ben Ali Shrine in 1961 and was very active until recently. Joe and Roberta have been very active in all Masonic Orders for years. Roberta is a past matron and Joe a past patron of Evangeline Chapter No. 9, Order of the Eastern Star. Joe also served as organist for his Masonic Lodge, Nevada Lodge No. 13, Free and Accept Masons for over 40 years.
Shriner Joe Day honored for five decades of service
Trending in: Letters
- Western icon Clint Walker: ‘If it’s not right, don’t do it’
- From starvation to service
- Meeting set Jan. 13 for new arts cohousing site in Nevada County
- Tough timing, busy transition over the holidays for Nevada County art gallery
- The Perfect Quirk: Nevada County hip hop artist gets Grammy nod for children’s album with a message