Noble Joe Day was recently honored by his Brother Nobles in recognition of over 50 years as a Shriner. Joe and his wife, Roberta, reside in Hilltop Manor, where his family and friends gathered for a presentation. Day joined Ben Ali Shrine in 1961 and was very active until recently. Joe and Roberta have been very active in all Masonic Orders for years. Roberta is a past matron and Joe a past patron of Evangeline Chapter No. 9, Order of the Eastern Star. Joe also served as organist for his Masonic Lodge, Nevada Lodge No. 13, Free and Accept Masons for over 40 years.
Shriner Joe Day honored for five decades of service
Trending in: Letters
- Sheriff: Narcotics officer cleared of misconduct after months-long investigation
- Camping in the backyard: Inn Town Campground in Nevada City set to open this summer
- Dist. 2 supes candidates clash on Measure W
- Meyer found guilty on three counts, faces more than four years in prison
- Heidi Hall, Duane Strawser battle for open District 1 seat on Nevada County Board of Supervisors